LI Phil
(User)
Thu Sep 09 2004 11:23 PM
Grenada, Frances, Apprentice, RUReady for...

some football?

Couplathree things. I don't know if anyone has seen the video, but the island of Grenada is basically destroyed. 90% of all homes are damaged or destroyed. Unfathomable damage/12 deaths/flooding...the whole 9. Good God, Ivan means business. Pray for Jamaica, mon. Then the Caymans, then Coobah...then...lets not go there yet.

Frances is still not done with the US. My area took heavy rains yesterday (5+" in NYC, subways flooded, rivers overflowing, you name it). Today, she's giving us her winds...just watch the US Open tennis and you'll get an idea. Obviously nothing which you Floridians faced and I'm not trying to compare it, but pretty impressive nonetheless.

The Donald's ego-inflating reality show debuts season 2 tonight. Another series I will NOT be watching...but...

The NFL kicks it off tonight...let's all watch some pro footie and get our minds off Ivan for a few hours...and the pre-game show...well...something for everyone. No Janet thankfully.

TD10 may become Jeanine (sp?) eventually, but hard to say right now...fishspinner we hope. Whatever the "L" storm is should be Florida's next bad headache...A(lex) B(onnie) Charley; D(anielle), E(arl), F(rances); G(aston), H(ermine), I(van); J(eanine), K(arl), L(isa).

Lets hope not.

My thinking is that Ivan definitely gets back to CAT V (although at 150 mph, what's the difference) before striking Jamaica. We better HOPE it crosses Jamaica (not for the Jamaican's sake though) rather than miss it south or it could be an even bigger world of hurt down the road. And also, lets pray for a trek across the MOUNTAINS of Cooba, not the narrow flat part where Charley chose to cross.

OK, that's it for now...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center