Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Sep 10 2004 05:49 AM
Re: Tired of hurricanes...

Steve Jerve is my favorite met here in Tampa. They also use the Vipir Model which did very well with Charley and Frances...which they didn't tell us until AFTER the fact. It was dead on. He may have more info than we know.
On a side note...I was a volunteer at WFLA in the HelpLine Center. I got to tour the Weather Center and those guys (and gals) were so very nice. I was firing questions off left and right and he showed me how different things work, how they read things, he even taught me how to look at a blank green map and point towards Florida instead of California, LOL! It was a lot of fun, that's for sure! Steve Jerve is a class act and he shoots straight from the hip. He never talks about how great HE did, unlike some others. He just says "It's my job and that's what I'm here for."

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center