Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 10 2004 12:23 PM
Re: Hurricane Ivan Paths

You can never make a blanket decision of where to evacuate if necessary. You really have to pay attention to where each particular storm is going and then go in the opposite direction. I was vacationing in Orlando and left as a result of Charley (the house we were staying in actually took a tree to the roof, I understand). I was amazed that some media was telling people to go south. Then, we ran into people at Disney that evacuated from Tampa. All of this made no sense to me. If you're going to evacuate, you need to go far enough away to account for any slights shifts in the track. Bottom line is you have to pay attention to the data, not just the media. Luckily, this storm will not be a problem for you.... and you may soon have some Florida visitors!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center