Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Sep 10 2004 12:59 PM
Re: Hurricane Ivan Paths

I certainly didn't intend my post to mean that he shouldn't evacuate, as flooding is a serious problem. Heck, here in Tampa we got more flooding from Frances than we ever did with Charley, and I saw with my very own 2 eyes how fast that water rose near downtown Tampa and of course, the elderly people who had to evacuate in Hillsborough County because of a break in the wall and then again when the Peace River overflowed and flooded so many people. With all the rain we've had (including a good 3"+ last night, maybe more) you could throw a puffball at a tree and it would probably fall over. I was only answering how far he should go and I based that on what they told people here in Tampa with Charley and the 2.5million people with Frances.
Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center