Hurric
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 10 2004 02:13 PM
Re: Hurricane Ivan Paths

Hi first post since Frances, We got hit hard here in Port st Lucie and all of treasure coast. Was a wild ride. on a borrowed computer day 6 without power. Response by FPL and FEMA seems slow.
Trying to recover and prepare for posible Ivan. Not to sound alarmist but state emergency resonse is stretched really thin. I feel If Ivan has a significant impact that it will be very bad for everyone in state. Please prepare now and load even more supplies than you might normally.
Sewage problems a big concern here.
I saw in my not really experienced view winds gusting to around 115-125. Lasted a long time . Tropical storm wind gust lasted more than 36 hours. Barometer at my house ,took a lowest reading of 28.39inches think maybe calibration a tad on low side for my gauge.
Well got to go. It Is really tough trying to prepare for ivan while still in middle of a disaster area.
My thoughts go out to all on board- so good to see it up and running.
Sorry for rambling post, not going to proof it at all . good luck
Hurric

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center