LI Phil
(User)
Fri Sep 10 2004 03:09 PM
Good News/Bad News

There ain't much good news...but at least the lastest advisory has Ivan "only" as a CAT III at landfall. Bad news...just click on the NHC map to the left of this post. Look where they're calling for the landfall...right smack over and thru Tampa Bay. NHC has been pretty spot on so far with this one, so I think you west coasters better think about getting on I75 before it's a parking lot...

I still feel this will make landfall further south, hopefully at or near the intersection of the Everglades Parkway & I 75 (sorry Naples)...then up North across Okeechobee and out near the Space Coast. Wherever it landfalls, and it will be FLORIDA's West Coast, not the panhandle, it's not going to be good.

I pray for everyone in Ivan's path...at the very least, with two "Practice" runs, at least everyone should be able to secure life and property to the best extent possible.

Grenada is a total wasteland (anyone see the pix?) and I think Jamaica is next for a pounding, big time. Maybe the Jamaican's can work a little voodoo on Ivan??? Jah Mon.

Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center