rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Sep 10 2004 03:30 PM
Sorry for ya'll

Really am...and not wanting this thing to hit anyone. There doesn't seem to be any good scenario on the horizon, that I can see...except that the hurricane gets killed when it goes through Cuba....the long range forecast, however, seems a little in doubt. I sure have to hand it to the NHC...they are WAY ahead of the game..seem to have a great handle on what is going on. I will dispense with dire prediction of Mobile for the moment...anyone see anything out there, however, that would endanger my area?....hope for sure this doesn't do to Tampa..what the possibilities are....at any rate...here is a clip of the latest from the NHC...which is why I am wondering about things...

THERE IS STILL HIGH
CONFIDENCE IN THIS EARLY PORTION OF THE FORECAST BUT...IT BECOMES
UNCERTAIN AFTER THE HURRICANE CROSSES CUBA WHEN GUIDANCE SHOWS THAT
THE HURRICANE COULD CONTINUE OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO OR COULD TURN
NORTH-NORTHEAST OVER FLORIDA. IN FACT...THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE FOR
THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS. THE OFFICIAL FORECAST DOES NOT FAVOR ONE
SCENARIO MORE THAN THE OTHER...AND BRINGS THE HURRICANE NORTHWARD
OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO VERY NEAR AND EVENTUALLY OVER FLORIDA.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center