Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 10 2004 03:39 PM
Curious!

I have to ask this question so I can learn because I get lost when it comes to troughs versus ridges. We know we have a high that is sitting a little to the west of Texas that appears to be building to the east and southeast. We know about the high that is close to Florida and seems to be building to the west. Then we have the trough in the middle of the two highs that seems to be pretty close to Florida. My question is this; can two highs building in from opposite directions squeeze a trough and cause the trough to begin to retreat north? I know to many that this is a very dumb question but the only way for me to continue to learn is to ask it.

By the way, this has NOTHING to do about wishcasting Ivan to Texas. There is 0% of that happening and I don't want him here anyway.

This question just came to me as I was watching the WV loops and seeing how the trough seemed to be getting squashed by the two highs.

ShawnS

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center