MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 10 2004 05:48 PM
Re: WV Loops

When I was a kid, I remember seeing a film strip in school showing the people who threw the hurricane party for Camille. Needless to say, what they experienced was far worse than any hangover they ever had.

Note on the new GFS: It is still farthest east, but the one thing it has been consistent on is parking it in the Carolinas. I'm not ready to buy that one yet either.

As far as Jamaica, Gilbert never weakened while crossing it, although it may have slowed down its rate of strengthening. I am not so sure it will have a big impact. As the last day has shown, the storm could weaken like that on its own. It does look like dry air got entrained, possibly a result of the land masses to its north. No new vortex messages out yet either.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center