AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 10 2004 09:04 PM
Re: Hurricane Ivan to Melee with Jamaica

Looking at the WV loops it seems that the ridges have been stationary for the past few hours. As of right now I see Ivan tracking over or just to the south of Jamaica. It continues its WNW motion, eventually moving more NW'erly. I see it passing over or just west of the Isla de la Juventud and heading north along about 83.4W. Once it hits about 30N it starts moving more to the NE. Again this is with the current synoptic features in place, obviously things can, and probably will change before early next week. Shawn in reference to reading the WV loops and ridges/movement, etc. One reason it may look a certain way is because the WV loop map isn't a flat picture like a tracking map. It's more a snapshot of the globe, so looking at features on that and trying to relate them to what they would look like on a tracking map gets tricky sometimes. I don't know if that helps or not.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center