Rasvar
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 11 2004 12:27 AM
Re: Meteorology vs. Psychology

Not sure about saying the GFDL did very well. It spent a lot of time aiming Frances at South Carolina. However, I think it is more of an issue of trying to keep Tampa awake. Granted, everything is still in the area. Only thing that concerns me is that everyone here has a hypersenitivity to the track right now. I heard folks who live in Lakeland saying that they are glad it is going to miss them this afternoon after the track moved west. Truthfully, I think a little track uncertainty is better to keep people in tune.

However, going into the weekend, I also see the point of trying to keep Tampa from thinking they are safe and then getting caught off guard.

With all that said, I have no idea exactly what they are using to decide. There is a little sensitivity in Central Florida after the way Charley caught everyone off guard with his power. Plus, I see friction with the local stations and NHC in public. WFTV's Tom Terry already came on before the FSU vs Miami game and more or less said he disagrees with NHC's track. So, that will fuel the fires a bit around here.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center