DroopGB31
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 11 2004 12:46 AM
Re: Meteorology vs. Psychology

You guys know whats impressive? Look at how the convection was elongated about 4 or 5 hours ago and look now. Its almost perfectly symmetrical. I can only imagine how bad it will be in Jamaica tonight. Think about it...near Cat 5 roaring through at night and riding out the storm in a hotel on the beach or anywhere for that matter. Its gonna be one hell of a nightmare. As bad as this may end up, Im hoping some video comes out of there so we can see just how strong a storm of this strength is. Im not trying to sound like I dont care about the folks their...But come one, this is once in a very long time kind of stuff were witnessing. I pray for all Jamaican's riding this storm out tonight though. Keep safe. PS Anyone have any obs or radar images from Jamaica? I had a few obs but I think they've already lost power. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center