Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 11 2004 02:49 AM
Re: Tom Terry

Gawrsh, ya'll I just don't know what to think about this storm....

Wherever it hits in the CONUS, it's going to be really bad, and the aftereffects could be even worse further inland.

I know that in North Ga...(Atlanta to the north) can't take much more rain before it's "Treetops keep falling on my roof". I mean on Tuesday my 2 block area of Midtown Atlanta was probably the ONLY part of Midtown and Buckhead NOT to lose power.....

Further north, the mountains of North Carolina as well as the Northern Piedmont of Virginia as well as my former hometown of Roanoke, Va are just cleaning up the major flooding from Frances....

I guess, I'm venting here, but I have a good friend, In Orlando, whose parents lost their house during Charley and she's so spooked that she's bringing them to Atlanta with her this weekend.

I know that this seems minor to everyone else in Florida who's probably going through PTSD with two hurricanes and now Ivan....

Finally, take the time if you live in the south to go to your nearest Publix and donate some money to the American Red Cross or look them up in your local phone book and donate that way.
If you're in Central Florida and you see anyone from BellSouth or Georgia Power, go up and shake their hand and just say thank you, because they are taxed to the limit as well...

Thanks for this bit of time on the soapbox and now back to the news about Rafael Furcal......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center