Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sat Sep 11 2004 06:10 AM
Can My Nerves Get More Frayed???

As if dealing with the whens/where/ifs/buts/ands/ors of these last 3 storms wasn't enough to make me a little "tense", this just happened.

I was sitting here typing that last post and I kept hearing this "thump bump" noise coming from the garage. I have a golden retreiver who loves the garage, so I figured it was her thumping her tail. I went to open the door to the garage and as I opened it, I came face to face with the biggest doggone frog I've ever seen in my life! It must have been a value-meal size bullfrog. I was so scared (I hate frogs) that I couldn't even move. Then he jumped towards me, I jumped back and smacked my head on the side of the door, nearly knocking myself unconscious in the process. I slammed the door shut and locked it (like the frog could open the door or something) and made a beeline to the lanai to get a broom that I had used to sweep the pool area. Well, guess what? There were TWO MORE FROGS out THERE! Not nearly as big, though. I got so mad that I took the broom and knocked the living warts outta them.
This, of course, is not directly related to Ivan, but I do believe that these .... things...are seeking higher ground either because of Frances or the flooding we've had or maybe they're evacuating because of Ivan. I've never seen a frog that big EVER! The other night it was a big black snake slithering out of the garage. Ugh.

Dr. Steve Lyons just did a great segment on TWC. He showed how that even if the storm just stays off the coast, it will still have a huge impact. I also noticed that if Ivan does skirt close to the coastline, Tampa Bay juts out to the west more than any other area in Florida.

I just heard that thump again.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center