LI Phil
(User)
Sat Sep 11 2004 04:06 PM
Re: Models

Morning/Afternoon, all...

Won't say anything more about 9/11 other than to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to save others (fire/police/ems/et. al.) and the innocents who perished at the hands of the terrorists...several of whom I knew personally...OK that's it...onto Ivan:

How the hell did he dance around Jamaica like that? That's fantastic for the Island...still lots of destruction, but no direct hit...Rick...did you do some voodoo dance to save them? Well, whatever it was, maybe he's gonna give us all a break...doubtful...but possible.

Next up: Grand Cayman...I was there in 2000 and they were still, in some areas, recovering from Gilbert...amazing. Lets hope Ivan does the chicken dance around them too. Also visited Little Cayman and Cayman Brac...nothing but a couple of beautiful homes combined with some ramshackle huts there...let's hope they're spared.

I think Coop meant Charley, not Frances...boy are they taking similar paths.

Sticking with my SW Landfall, despite all the modeling and visuals to the contrary...if you are going to go down, you might as well take the ship with you, no? Naples landfall Tuesday afternoon. Probably be off by 500 miles and 24 hours, but at least I can admit a blown forecastsvb...

Anyhoo, today is a somber day for me personally but there's still the weather.

Peace, y'all.

Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center