AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 11 2004 07:32 PM
Re: Trough's Effect On Ivan

Finally able to take a look at some models as the computer at my house is still without power. Ivan sure did track a lot further west than north from 11pm last night to 2pm this afternoon. To the tune of .5 degrees north and 2.1 degrees west. Looking at the WV loops it seems that the ridge hasn't moved much further west, but it's appeared to extended itself further south, to over the western end of Cuba. This should keep Ivan south until he can feel his way into the trough. My earlier call of Ivan tracking north along about 83.4 west might prove to be a bit too far to the east. Now I see the storm tracking a bit further west of the Isla de la Juventud and over the western tip of Cuba. Still lots up in the air though that can impact the track.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center