javlin
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 12 2004 01:10 AM
Re: warm water, landfall

The CMC has been the outlier of all the models thus far and the most accurate up to this point.I have been following the model for at least five days now.The CMC to is pushing landfall further W have a hard time getting a perspective on it yet though.The ULL in the Atlantic I believe was suppose to play a bigger role than it has if anything it has been pushing Ivan W by using the ridge.I mentioned the other day Ivan would at best maybe graze Jamacia the eye went S.Yea it was probably the friction theory J.B. has only it seems to occur on slow moving storms on land to the N.I believe that may occur again as Ivan approaches Cuba if the forward speed is slow and lacking a decent steering current.After that I think the troff that is suppose to come may be too weak.the five day forcast here on the MS Gulf Coast has changed to no rain and little tem. change.The ULL in the Atlantic is being slowed down by the ridge in the SE CONUS.So that leaves us with what do we have for steering currents later in week.I hope that HF,Scott,Jason,or Clark might could throw something in to enlighten me.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center