Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 12 2004 02:10 AM
Re: warm water, landfall

Mr Spock, I agree, looks overall wnw on average, not 292.5 true wnw, more like 285 degrees heading... I also voted no to below 900, but if it happens I think it will happen before Coou ba..... such a rare event that doesn't happen to often.... saying that, nothing would surprise me with this bad boy

Geesh, can you imagine the panic along the GOM if this were to get below 900 in the GOM... I don't even want to think about it.... I just don't see that as a real possible scenario as shear is expected in the GOM and it won't have the great environmental conditions it has at the moment... everything has to be perfect for a Cat 5.... right now its perfect..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center