Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Sun Sep 12 2004 04:21 AM
Attachment
New Recon Decoder Version

For anyone who is interested, attached to this post is a new version of my Recon Decoder tool. There are some new features:

- Vortex Recons Decoding now better differentiates between the maximum flight level winds detected near the center and the maximum flight level winds overall (usually mentioned in remarks). There was some confusion the other (last?) night over the way my decoder was reporting the mfl winds.
- Decoder now offers decoding of Vortex Supplementary reports. These are the reports the planes make as they fly into and out of the storm. Useful for reporting the winds measured on both passes.
- Supplementary reports cleaned up into a nice table format. (Still working on cleaning up the Vortex report)

How to use:

- Save the attachment to your computer as "decoder.html" (any name is fine, but change the .txt to .html when you save)
- Load the file with your web browser's File->Open ability.
- Click the link for the desired report. A new browser window will open.
- Highlight and "Copy" the entire report from the new window. Close the window if you wish.
- "Paste" the report into the box on the decoder page.
- Click the "Decode" button.

I'm heading on to adding Tropical RECCO report handling next.

Cheers!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center