Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Sep 12 2004 05:00 AM
Re: New models

Hey all...busy busy day.
I noticed that northerly component about 2 hours ago and I said to myself, "Self, it's probably just a wobble, so don't think too much of it until it stays that way for a while."

3 mets just mentioned the same thing. I'll have to eat a little bit of crow here (like a wing or beak) because I did a little bashing on him last week...but Dennis Phillips from ABC 28 just said, "Folks, this COULD just be a wobble, but if you look at these last two frames, it looks like it's beginning to have a more northerly movement to it..if this keeps up, and I hope it doesn't, the track I'm showing you on the screen might not be in the same place tomorrow night. Remember Charley?"

So.....I think (and this is only my opinion) that if it passes east of the Caymans, and further to the east in Cuba, the scenario might be a little different tomorrow. On the other hand, I might be eating a whole truckload of crow.

Note: I meant if it goes in between the Cayman Islands, not EAST.....DOH!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center