Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 12 2004 11:50 AM
Last two hours=mostly WEST

Last two hours of IR loops shows Ivan mostly west and looks at the moment that it will pass south and west of the Caymen Island..... right now it is due south of the island..... could the Canadian have this thing pegged???... I sure hope not.... the island will get pounded for sure but unless he takes a very hard right, they will not get the worst of the eye wall.... Ivan has not made landfall yet as a Cat 5, but he's running out of options and will have to nail somebody before it all said an done..

things keep trending west, a good sign for central and south florida, not to good for panhandle and perhaps westward?

you can also see the westward movement on the Cuba radar loop, link below

http://www.met.inf.cu/Radar/01Cienfuegos/cienfuegosa.gif

hard to sleep with a monster lurking about...

As I said about Frances, that I didn't think it would be Floyd type track, I'm starting to think that Ivan will not be a Charlie type event either... just don't see a strong trof playing out and shunting him off to the NE..... but this is a slow moving hurricane and no one can say for sure.... every one from LA to the Fl Keys are still in the game as far as I'm concerned

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center