Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Sep 12 2004 12:04 PM
Re: Westward Ho!

Quote:

Ivan has consistenly gained latitude from the get go... and I see no reason why he should not continue to do that... Not sure about another stall but that seems possible with weak stearing currents.... still making slow but steady progress.... more west than north, but moving at least...

be that as it may, you just never know about these things and I well remember how Mitch was forecasted to go NW towards the GOM and he took a hard left due west into Central America...

Local met just said the slower Westerly movement is worse for us on West coast and indicated if it ended up on the Yucatan it would get pulled to the Big Bend area. I guess getting caught up in the Westerlies.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center