Wxwatcher2
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Sep 12 2004 02:05 PM
Westward trend continues

Good morning everyone. Here in the peninsula of Florida it's another beautiful day. Certainly not the deteriorating conditions that NHC had predicted a couple of days ago.
I imagine that although there is no one there to enjoy it, the day is pretty fantastic in Key West as well.

I think everyone is learning a valuable lesson from Ivan.
That is you have to actually watch the storm to know where it is going and you really can not even begin to trust the 4 and 5 day forecast tracks.
There is such a fine line on when to evacuate and when to stay. Local governments are really forced to make crucial decisions based on the latest forecasts. I'm sure many will have less hair to pull out after Ivan has passed.

I drove up to Daytona Beach yesterday and viewd the damage along the beach. There is a LOT of damage to the hotels and related business's all up and down A1A.
It will take months and months to repair/rebuild there.

As of this morning, I see very little Northward trend in Ivan's track. I did see the ridge building in to the West for the past few days. It has to weakend sometime.
Until then, watch and wait.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center