Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 13 2004 01:04 AM
Re: Major Eyewall Replacement Occurring

Not NW but between WNW and NW. Last heading from the 5 to the 8 advisories put it .3 further W and .2 further N. (True WNW is 2:1).

Bastardi's latest comments (4:30) narrows his landfall forecast to between Pensacola and the mouth of the Mississippi (kind of where I called it on Monday in response to scottsvb on a thread 500 pages back).

He doesn't feel this storm will behave like Lili and may (worst case scenario) rival Camile's intensity but not surpass it. He sees a Florence-sized storm (and possibly as big as Carla) with Charley-sized intensity. Someone's gonna pay. I've been missing too many threads because they're coming too fast and furious to keep up with, but this should be an interseting week. I'll leave you with this one Bastardi quote:

It is a very serious situation, but one that there is plenty of time to prepare for. The danger I think is not a shift back east...but perhaps even further west, in the track.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center