Clark
(Meteorologist)
Mon Sep 13 2004 05:23 AM
Re: Site Fix

HF, I thought Miami was after me again when I saw Ken Dorsey start to lead the 49ers down the field against my beloved Falcons -- if it's not versus FSU, it's in the pros versus the Falcons! Alas, he got knocked out again and the Falcons won, so at least I can claim one victory. It just hasn't been a good three days -- yet alone month and a half -- in terms of all sorts of hurricanes.

Yeah, I know Stephanie through a few means. Can't see this as a LA storm either, but stranger things have happened. Current NHC path says Ft. Walton...think that might be a wee bit too far west. A sooner turn north and NNE is more likely, I think.

I dunno if you all saw the article on the guy in S. Florida who wanted to rent a 747 and fly into the NW part of the storm and dump his water-absorbing junk into the system, but I sure hope he hasn't been able to do so. He said that he thought it'd result in more shear over the storm...a statement like that only further proves why you don't listen to people like him, as he doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. And the potential ecological disaster - yeah, really smart.

In any case, we're about 3 days from a major landfalling system in the U.S....let's all get some rest and get prepared for when it comes. We're going to need it, I'm afraid.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center