GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 13 2004 09:38 AM
Re: Latest Recon

There is a high over Texas that is likely to block a westerward movement and if no steering currents are available, Ivan has already been shown to avoid even tiny land masses, let alone massive air pressure. So the truth is that Ivan is going to find the hole in the wall to get through. This is why he has taken so long to get North of 20. As for making a turn, hurricanes do it all the time. They are like bumper cars at a carnival, one minute they are going forward the next minute they are turning or backing up. The outflow and inflow are one and the same. Of course it is easy to say that it is pointed in the direction of the Panhandle, unless your parents live there and are senior citizens with your father dependent on oxygen. But I am going to be honest here folks, I am officially wishcasting this thing my way so that my parents in the panhandle do not have to deal with this.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center