GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 13 2004 02:04 PM
Re: Ivan Category 5 Again

I am not a meterologist, just a 53 year old woman who is observant. I have observed the outflow direction from Ivan this morning from every available satellite I can find. Some of the loops are not in correct sequence and so it's difficult to say this for certain, but the upper level winds are showing a strong blow off to the southeast from Ivan's outflow right now. If you continue to monitor the satellites, you will notice the changes before the advisories come up. Also make sure you account for the fact that all of the satellites are photographed on a skew, which is different than line of sight. Also one other thing is that hurricanes like to travel towards the northpole unless they are not completely tropical in nature. (paraphrased) It appears to me that Ivan is no different except he prefers to bounce off land masses. My speculation hopefully not true is that he is looking to make it to the Yucatan and then ping-pong his way to his next land mark. I am saying this with fervent prayer that he decides the panhandle of Florida is too much trouble.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center