Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 13 2004 03:27 PM
Re: Ivan Category 5 Again

I am noticing several comparisons of Charley and Andrew, so I would like to clear a few things up...
Andrew was not one of those last minute track surprises--if you go back to the FTP NHC site and look at the forecasts, they did forecast a turn to the west, and after that, Andrew moved west for 2 days without a track change

As for the Charley comparisons, Charley was much farther northeast than Ivan is right now, and Ivan is just now starting to show a northwest turn--Charley made a due north turn and turned northeast AT the coast; Ivan is still gaining longitude and woudl have to make an 80 degree angle with the track to turn northeast
Also, if you look at the IR loop you will notice a slight jog to the west
However, NO one should let their guard down anywhere in the gulf--It is just as likely to hit Texas as it is to turn northeast
I personally thing it will hit between St. Marks and Pensacola

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center