Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Sep 14 2004 04:17 AM
Re: Repost on new ETA

I'm not seeing a due north movement, but I'm not seeing a NW movement either. I think its more like NNW. Especially the last loop.

I noticed tonight at football practice that you could see the higher cirrus clouds from Ivan. A little eerie considering how far away he is.

Here's my hope: I hope that wherever this monster goes, that by the time it gets there, shear has increased and the intensity has gone down. Having gone through two of these storms already...which are in no way comparative to Ivan...a Cat 1 passing through you're area is no picnic. They may be closing the window on landfall which is good for those in the direct path of this monster, since they will be able to prepare and get out. Having seen the devastation that Charley and Frances caused, I wish I could wishcast this thing into Mexico so no one I know here or their families would be in danger. Once you've been through a couple, you realize it is no game anymore. My heartfelt prayers and thoughts go out to those who are in the path.

I'm going to bed now...for the last two nights, I've dreamt that I heard the track had shifted to the right, only to find out it was a dream. If I dream this one more time, I'm going to start taking horse tranquilizers until Christmas. If I dream tonight that the track shifted more to the left, well.............

Nite all....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center