richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 14 2004 10:52 AM
Re: 00z NOGAPS

I'm in Indialantic, FL and we evacuated to the panhandle for Frances. We basically wanted to get out of the window of that storm totally for the sake of our 4 yr old boy. We didn't want him to experience any of the effects of a storm like that because it could be traumatic for him. We experienced the storm by reading online and watching the Weather Channel. It wasn't until we got home that we experienced exactly what this storm had done. We basically got hit , in our area because it wasn't a direct hit ,by a Cat 1 storm . Melbourne had sustained winds of 75mph or whatever with gusts up to 95mph for a long period of time. The damage is way worse than I thought it would be but still could have been so much more. Anyone who wants anything stronger than this hitting them is out of their minds in my opinion. They just don't really understand what they are wishing for. It's not exciting ...it devastates peoples lives.... really need to think about that before you start wishing it comes at you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center