Mongo
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 14 2004 12:29 PM
Re: Gravity Waves

Thanks for the link about gravity waves, Phil. I heard Steve Lyons mention that last night, too. The explanation on the web site was a wee bit over my head (by "wee" I mean "a whole lot"), but I think I've got the idea.

Am I correct in assuming that gravity waves happen all of the time, but it takes a combination of great power/energy and a very stable atmosphere to make it visible like in the satelite images yesterday?

As an aside, I've enjoyed learning from you all on this site for a for about a year now and am posting for the first time. Cane Watcher (the guy who asked the gravity waves question) clued me into this site during Isabel last year. Keep up the excellent work!

Brian

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center