AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 14 2004 06:40 PM
Re: Ivan's new path

Well I must say I never thought Ivan would make it as far west as he has. And my prayers go out to anyone near him. He has grown to be quite a large storm, and we can only hope that he loses some strength before landfall.

Jeanne has gotten her act together a little bit more together this afternoon. The very first forecast was shifted a bit west, but that was because initially they had a hard time pinpointing her exact location. Some models(UK/Can/etc) have the ridge to her north maintaining current intensity or even building and they show a more westward movement. The GFS and GFDL depict a weakening of the ridge, allowing her to turn more northward. It will probably be another wait and see event, at least for the next few days. Right now everyone should keep an eye on Ivan, and give some prayers for everyone affected.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center