Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Sep 14 2004 07:05 PM
Re: Ivan's new path

At this point, I would say it's highly unlikely that Ivan's path will have any drastic changes to it, and I don't see anything that would turn him towards the Big Bend.
Keep in mind: your weather is going to be nasty the next couple of days as Ivan makes his way towards Mobile/Pensacola. You're in the worst part of the storm (except for those in the direct path) as the NE side is the most viscious. It doesn't have to make a huge turn to affect your weather. This forecast will keep being tweaked and finetuned until it makes landfall; the closer it gets, the more accurate it'll be.
As for the NNW movement, if this continues, I would really like to know what kind of impact that will have on the path. I know it won't shift it dramatically either way, but wouldn't it change it somewhat as it goes more N than West? I'm so confused at this point that I should just stick to reading books.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center