LI Phil
(User)
Wed Sep 15 2004 12:55 AM
Thank you redbird

>>> LI Phil you are definitely an angel of some sort put here to help in numerous ways..............Namaste as my tradition says

You might consider registering...then I could PM you if you need it.

Listen, I appreciate the sentiments, but I no angel. I am however very passionate about the weather and I'll try my best to help anyone on this site out, should they need it. I'm not a computer guru (that's Mike) nor a met (that's many), but I do care an immense amount about the weather and those affected by it...looking for a storm surge map...I'll try to find it...need a buoy report...same deal.

I stumbled onto this site (like I'm sure many of us did) in 1996 or 1997, and had been a passionate lurker until about a year ago, when Isabel threatened the entire east coast.

Every since then, I've been posting and have learned more in a year than I probably could have by going for a met degree (well, maybe that's a stretch). Even though I didn't post, I knew all the regulars and have since struck up many "internet" friendships.

Anyone who has ever PMed me knows I'm a little different "off the air" than on, but I always try to help. If I piss someone off, they let me know about and I work to be that much better...

I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate all your kind words and these are trying times....do not hesitate to let me know your feelings or make requests for info you may be too busy to search for...I'll make every effort to either get that info or defer to the experts if it's a true meterological question.

NOW, BACK TO IVAN!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center