Tropics Guy
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 01:20 AM
Re: Historic event?

I believe that we are on the threshhold of an unfortunate historical event with Ivan soon to be bearing down somewhere from N.O towards P.C.B. MY call on landfall looking at the models, current trajectory, and a possible slight NNE turn before landfall, i'm thinking Mobile bay to Pensacola . This hurricane will impact a huge area of the coast then inland hurricane force winds will move well inland in Alabama and Georgia. Then of course the possibility later of the storm stalling in the southern Applachian mountains and creating a dangerous flooding event.
The only thing we can hope for at this point is rapid weakening before landfall and/or landfall at the least populated area along that coast inorder to minimize loss of life and damage.
Here on the SE coast of Florida, we are watching Jeanne as we are "back in the cone" for the 5 day forecast. This has already been a historic hurricane season and it's not over yet.

TG

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center