javlin
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 15 2004 04:53 AM
Re:Faster Movement N

The weather forecaster here in Biloxi moved up the timetable for landfall about six hrs.I had heard earlier today 7:00> 10:00 Thursday morning.Now that tells me that maybe the forward speed increase was not anticpated maybe and that what was expected to steer Ivan E might come later.Now MrSpock it might not mean alot to you there is a big difference to me 50 in miles E is tolerable to 50 miles W the wind howls long and hard.The NHC has been right of the given track for awhile Ivan is moving hard and strong.The ridge is there.The E deflection is hard to see right now.Maybe like Georges it's going to hit NO and two hrs later my lights are out and I am on the edge of the eye.Seems like metro areas get alot of attention and Gulfport is still no.2 on the list of probabilities.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center