Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 15 2004 05:42 AM
Re: Please read this-it may be long, but I hope worth it.

I would like to reiterate what was said before regarding riding out the storm. If you live in a flood zone LEAVE. Seek shelter in a concrete block structure away from the coast and/or flood zones. As much as I love hurricanes, I will never forget the nightmare of Aug. 24, 1992 in South Dade. I had hurricane supplies from A to Z. I had more supplies than anyone I knew. Unfortunately, I had not prepared myself mentally. I could never have imagined what I saw. My advice to anyone in the path of a major hurricane is to stay calm. Try to stay focused on your immediate surroundings. Find a safe structure in which to ride out the storm. Seek shelter in a small interior room or closet. Try to bring a mattress with you in case the roof comes off. Don't panic if the roof comes off - if the walls are concrete block, they should remain standing. You would be amazed at how calm it remains inside despite the missing roof. Do not exit the structure when the going gets tough. The storm won't last forever so be patient and calm - things will work out alright. My thoughts are with you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center