Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 15 2004 06:05 AM
Re:Faster Movement N

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU N.O IS GETTING WAY TO MUCH ATTENTION: THEY HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB AT FREAKING EVERBODY IN N.O FOR NO CAUSE AND PRETTY MUCH (fox news) HAS MADE APPARENT THAT PEOPLE IN GULFPORT MOBILE AND P-COLA ARE NON EXISTENT IN THIS PATH OF THE STORM. THE HURRICANE IS OBVIOUSLY MADE ITS MIND AND IF WATCH A SATTILITE VIEW ITS APPARENT THE NNW WILL CONTINUE WITH A TURN TO THE NORTH RIGHT BELOW MOBILE BAY. ON TOP OF THAT IVE BEEN SAYING SINCE IT WAS DOWN BELOW JAMAICA TO MY DAD THAT IT WOULD HIT AROUND GULF SHORES HAD A FEELING. I MY SELF LIVE IN P-COLA UNFORTUNATELY FROM WHAT IM HEARING I MIGHT BE BETTER OFF WITH A DIRECT HIT THAN BE IN THE RIGHT FRONT QUADRANT........LAST BUT NOT LEAST I SAW A HURRICANE RESEARCH TEAM FROM NHC WITH A DEVICE THAT MEASURES A HURRICANE AND THEY ATTEMPT TO GET AS CLOSE TO THE CENTER AS POSSIBLE AND THEY WERE DRIVING THRU P-COLA AND I HAPPEN TO SEE THEM ON CHANNEL FIVE DEPLOYING THE MACHINE IN GULF SHORES. NOW IM NOT A BUREDEN OF BAD NEWS BUT WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO SAY?????
read you loud and clear.. fox is hyping N.O. (other networks too) and that's not where the hurricane is going. jefferson co. miss over to baldwin co. alabama will see the worst (there's a little town in there called mobile, by the way), i do wish those areas were getting more attn from the national media, but that's newsies for ya. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center