AdvAutoBob
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Sep 15 2004 03:01 PM
Re: For those who lose power..

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of Sunday, don't forget to stock up on your Sunday beer!

I would add to your hurricane kit list -- a small TV with an antenna, preferable one that doesn't use 12 "D" batteries. Even if you have to wait for the power to come back on to use it, it will be better than no TV.

In my area of Punta Gorda that was 10 days after Charley.

Hi all...been lurking here since 2003 (Isabel), and thought I'd add to this... If you get a battery powered TV (or one that uses 12 volt power), consider buying a 12 volt "jumper box", commonly used by auto repair shops. They usually have a 12 volt power outlet (cigar lighter plug), along with an air compressor and light (also useful), and are readily available at most Sam's Clubs, auto parts stores, etc. I used one from my shop through Charley here, (Cape Coral), both during the storm and afterward, and have now added one dedicated for hurricane use only. They typically run between $50-$90 depending on how many extras you want on them. Hope this can help, and you all in the warning area stay safe!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center