Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 15 2004 04:52 PM
Re: IVAN

Hey Chuck. There hasn't been a single person on this thread saying it's going ot New Orleans - including those we'd suspect most - the New Orleanians. Just had a gust into 30 and the first rains from Ivan are in process. It's a light shower, but it's great to see. I'm enjoying an Abita Purple Haze hair of the dog at the moment and wish you all well.

FrankP - last few visibles continue the 350 degree motion. I've NEVER seen a storm that jogs north as much return to NNW for such an extended period of time. I know it's been a wobbling track for the last few days, but at some point around , I really thought we'd see a NNE shunt. Were the track to continue, the latest SSD visible makes landfall appear likely in either Harrison or Jackson County, Mississippi (or western Mobile Co., AL). I've got the eye at 88.19 which puts it near the westermost plot of the last TPC projection (88.2).

Just had a couple of gusts close to 30-33mph so that tells me it's time to tie up the loose ends. I have to fill the bathtubs in case the water gets fouled here.

Scotts,

Thanks for the well wishes bra. I'm going to do my best, but I don't think it will be all that bad here. Since I'm so close to the western fringe of the storm, it's tough to say what I'm going to get. Gut call would be a gust or two into the 50's or 60's and maybe 2" of rain. If we get under the rain-shield, it could be as much as 4 or 5" with gusts into the low 70's. Gotta cross those t's all. See you after a bit.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center