MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 07:55 PM
faster motion....

I have been pondering the faster motion as well, and I don't have solid answers, but some thoughts.
First, the sooner this thing passes Frank and everyone else, the better.
Second, it does look to be geting better organized, so it would be nice to get it away from the warm Gulf faster.
Third, I am wondering if this will affect if/when it gets stuck. I need to look closer at other sat pics, but there is a stronger steering current than expected that is doing this obviously.
I am wishcasting now, so warning. I wish that it continues to move so it doesn't get stuck and give some areas rain measured in feet.
The trough in the Atlantic is really digging southward, and the pattern may be amplifying around the system. It does look to be feeling the affects of the next shortwave in the Plains, and maybe that is why it picked up speed. The problem with extrapolating this faster movement is that eventually this trough will pass it by, and then what?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center