FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 16 2004 12:32 PM
Re: Jeanne's a Hurricane

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Ivan's path. Now that the sun is rising, maybe we can really see what hell he laid upon those in the area.
Help is on the way though! Orange County is taking my brand new Rescue truck up to Pensacola. So, those of you in the Pensacola area, if you see an Orange County Fire Rescue truck with a big number 85 on it, that's mine! Wave at those guys. They are Orange County's Finest coming to offer help! I wish I could be there, but I have small children that need me home.
Now, about Jeanne.......... Why the huge difference in the computer models and the projected path that shows on Accuweather? I like the NHC track, but I am aware that it will change several times before Sunday or Monday. What is everyone's opinion? I'm not worried........... Why is that? My husband and I were talking about post taumatic stress yesterday. I truly beleive that I am suffering from it. Charlie was very stressful at work and I was at home for Frances to ride it out, but my supervisors, in their infinite wisdom, decided to call us in at 7:30 that night! It was wicked and by the time I navigated the trees and powerlines to get to work, I was having heart palpitations from the stress. I have been very drepressed since then and I know alot of Floridians feel like me. I am just numb too.............
If Jeanne comes, oh well. Bring It!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center