MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 16 2004 01:28 PM
New model forecasts

First, with the remnants of Ivan, which is still a big issue because if it stalls, areas that don't need rain, could see severe flooding......
I think 3 out of the last 4 GFS runs take the remnant circulation to the Va. capes before getting it trapped. This would be better news for those in the Southern App. because the rainfall distribution will be larger.
This is due to the fact that the GFS (and the last ETA run) have Ivan temporarily picked up by a trough moving through the N.E., then it cuts off again, as the trough moves away, and High pressure ALOFT builds over top the remnant low. In fact, the GFS closes off a 588 Dm height line over the mid Atlantic-N.E., which is pretty strong. How Jeanne interacts should probably wait for more data, and time.
I am not going to go into model forecasts for Jeanne, since I don't think any have been initialized well yet.
Here is a link to the Model Diagnostic discussion, which comes out twice a day, usually around 1.
http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/pmdhmd.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center