jlauderdal
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 16 2004 01:45 PM
Re: Jeanne's a Hurricane

Quote:

Most models and the NHC official track both show a sharp turn northward just before Andros Island. Let's keep watching the models for that key turn in that approximate area. If not, it's a straight shot right into Miami. I already have this all figured out with Florida. The male storms like the west coast(Charley and Ivan) and the females like the east coast(Frances and Jeanne). See the pattern. Charley and Frances make direct hits and Ivan and Jeanne make near misses. We hope.

that sharp turn seems a little dubious to me. just dont see it materializing i suspct nhc doesnt either since they are going down the middle of the guidance...no pint in scaring nyone at this point. heck local met in miami on nbc6 last didnt even put the 5 day come up because he said we are in it and there is no point in getting people concerned. i thought that was irresponsible because he told us we were in the cone yet didnt show it and isnt his job to report the facts. so i guess from now on i will look at roland steadhams info as incomplete. used to repsect the guy but id ont know after that stunt.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center