Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Thu Sep 16 2004 03:02 PM
Re: Jeanne's a Hurricane

Quote:

Sorry, I should of explained myself better. I always keep stuff like that on hand. Not wait until the last minute and have to rush out and get it. You know how it is here.......People panic over 1/4 inch of snow, let alone something like this coming at them.

*chuckles* did you panic when atlanta had 3 inches of ice on the roads, Lord knows I did when I actually was dumb enough to get stuck out in the middle of it and had to crawl my way home... Atlanta gets some of the strangest weather. But only rarely....

Back to on topic: looks like Ivan really picked up forward speed at the last moment. I'm having serious doubts about a stall at this point. What are the implications for Jeanne if Ivan races out of the picture in the next 48 hours?

Also, is it just me, or do the hurricanes seem more... tenacious this year, fighting shear, fighting all sorts of negative factors and troopering on? (or maybe the negative influences weren't as negative as they seemed to be at the time...)

Take care people, I understand there's no school in most of Georgia today. Hopefully, that's not a bad sign...

Mark
Go Falcons 1 - 0.... And in First place?!?!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center