Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 16 2004 04:02 PM
Re: Jeanne

Just got back from watching JB streaming viedos. Agree with him totally on Jeanne and the whole right bias model thing. I have said this before and I'll say it again, I didn't think that Jeanne would re-curve because of Ivan backing down. The NHC bases their forecasts on models and US models to boot, one of these models being the GFS, which I think has some problems in the whole where it's going to go thing but works great with the motion. My thinking for Jeanne is that she will continue her current motion (maybe even to NNW) and then as Ivan backs down turn west into Florida.

Those two waves coming off the coast of Africa look like trouble. The longer it takes for the first wave to develop then the more likely it is to hit the United States, we'll see. By next week we could very well be seing Karl and Lisa.

Also, Ivan is still pounding parts of the southeast with rain. That high coming down from Canada and the remmants of Ivan will spell GALE for the Mid-Atlatic states Fri and Sat. This will give them a preview of what Ivan was like. Hope everyone's okay that was in the path of Ivan and Jason's family.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center