scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 16 2004 05:40 PM
Re: Jeanne

Great I cant find my post from what I was projecting on Jeanne.......I know I posted it here and on another site. Oh well maybe phil can find it. Anyways really its just a update from the other day. Its funny that I totally agree with JB on this forcast. Thing is its going to be weakend down to 60mph, or less, until it finally comes off the coast of Haiti and then scrap Cuba with just enough n component to strength slowly. Georges anyone????? Thing is we dont know what can happen really. First off if anyone remember my post the other day I said there is 2-3 scenerios with Jeanne. We all agree that it skims the coast of Hispaniola and is just s of the turks, and ene of Cuba and n of Port au Prince by Friday morning. Now Global models want to take this north to 30N and 75W by Sunday afternoon. Its saying that there is a weakness over florida up to Ivan remenents. (Could be), but I dont think its that far east and also Ivan will be retrogratiing w or wsw back into Tenn by Sunday as a very strong ridge dives down into the midatlantic states. This would still cause Jeanne to move w or wnw slowly into Daytona-Jacksonville area by Tuesday. 2nd scenerio is (what I feel) it continue just n of due w along the Cuban coast ( just north of there) and just south of Abaco isle, Bah by Sat even. The weakness will be further w and slowly beginning to push more w,,although a turn to the NW will be expected and it will be nearing the Keys or extreme Se Florida. Now does it go up the east coast of Florida or west coast before a turn on the west coast up w-central and bend more w with the ridge to the NE towards La? Or does it skim the keys and head out into the central gulf,,,,that is more then 5 days out. So right now I have it just south of Abaco Island, Bahamas on my 3 day track. Intensity is too hard to pinpoint as to how much it will get disrupted over Hispaniola. After that right now its up in the air.
Ivan forcast was 25-40miles to the west of his landfall.Very good for 4-5 days out forcast from last Saturday. Winds 125-130mph called for as Cat 3. NHC had it still as cat 4 on theyre projection but they didnt included in theyre thoughts of the dry air coming in on the west side as I saw weakning the system some. I hope everyone is recovering from this dangerous storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center