mbfly
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 16 2004 07:12 PM
Attachment
Hi Y'all from Mobile !!

Hi Phil and all. Made it through Ivan just fine; thanks for all of the prayers ! Thank God for that little jog to the east right before landfall (sorry P'cola) Being in west Mobile, it made things a lot better for us I'm sure. Things last night were about 1/2 as bad as I thought they would be -- I remembered Frederic being a LOT worse !! I went to bed around midnight when we lost power and actually managed to sleep through the worst of it. Our power is, amazingly, already back on. I haven't ventured out past my street but I'll attach a few pics (unimpressive as they are). The worst damage was a neighbor's tree that just missed both his house and his car. My yard is full of tree limbs and the fence is a little wobbly, but I am truly blessed !! I haven't even looked yet to see where Jeanne is going; I'm afraid to.

Thanks again everyone for your concern and prayers. How are the rest of the Mobilians ?? Rick ? Cindy ?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center