richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 16 2004 09:09 PM
Re: More damage from Pensacola

Steve...Your point is well taken and I believe in free speech. Don't get me wrong, there is no way I think the government should have the final say in anything. However, There are too many people making decisions on potentially life threatening situations to be trying to supercede the "real" authority in situations like these. Lots of people don't fully have a grasp of whats going on and they see that, take it as gospel and I think it's wrong. That is just "my" opinion. Not only that, think about all the people living in the Florida penninsula and having lived thru two storms this year already and the threat of a third(Ivan)...only to now see some guy on national tv with a line drawn through the state. I just don't agree with him doing that but he is free to do whatever he wants. Thats not even the issue with me. He may be the best "rogue" forecaster out there and I won't dispute that ...I just hope he's wrong this time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center