LI Phil
(User)
Fri Sep 17 2004 12:30 AM
Re: The Isuzu

Danny,

>>> Do you think the Isuzu had anything to do with the I-10 bridge getting knocked out? I did see a pic of a truck on the bridge, at the hole!

LOL! No, I was cracking wise...perhaps not the best time to do so...it just amazes me what people will do to try to get a story...someone last night said it's going to take a piece of sheet metal going thru a reporter during a live feed to make the networks rethink their policy of reporting live from a storm from such dangerous locations. In the case of the hurricanetrack.com vehicle (the Isuzu), it was loaded with a bunch of sensitive hurricane recording data...as it has been in past storms...and "anchored" to the ground...no one was in the vehicle of course...you had to figure that at some point they'd park the vehicle just a little too close to the danger zone...I haven't checked the website, but I'm guessing that's what's happened here.

As for the tractor trailor on the bridge, I offered my theory earlier today...it stalled or something, and the driver bolted...I cannot imagine that they would permit a vehicle like that to CROSS the bridge with winds that would surely blow it over the side...someone said the cab and driver are in the water...sure hope not...it was just such a riviting shot (photograph) I tried to equate the Lowe's Isuzu placement with the semi on the bridge...didn't do it too well, I guess.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center